Search
Affiliates
free forum

GANASSI WANTS MCMURRAY

Go down

GANASSI WANTS MCMURRAY

Post  never again on Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:07 am

By Lee Spencer

McMurray winning on Sunday was not a fluke. He led five times for the most laps (31) to score his second restrictor-plate victory. His last win was 86 races ago at Daytona. This was Mac's moment to shine — and he did. He humbly thanked his fans for standing by him. Despite being a lame duck driver at Roush Fenway Racing, he thanks Jack Roush for the opportunity.

But here's what you might not have picked up on from McMurray: "There's not a lot of rides available right now. I think that everybody knows that what rides there are out there. You know, certainly if a sponsor were to call me that would make it a lot easier with the amount of teams that are shutting down. For me, I just hope that we can get it signed and announce it whenever they want to so that it will make it a little bit easier to sleep at night."

It's no secret that Bass Pro Shops has a contract to sponsor the No. 1 Earnhardt Ganassi Racing car that McMurray is slotted to drive next year. And it's no secret that Bass Pro Shops wants to move to the No. 39 car with Ryan Newman.

Now, this is not a knock on BPS, which has offered tremendous support to many racing programs in and beyond NASCAR. But McMurray's contract with EGR has been prepared but lacking signatures for some time. No, McMurray is not going to apply for his NRA membership any time soon, but he will go above and beyond for his sponsors whether it's Bass Pro or anyone else.

Can we get just get this deal done so the other driver dominos will fall? -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

never again
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum